A gas leak can be a common but hazardous situation for homeowners. A gas leak may occur due to various reasons, the most common being if the valve connection is not tightened correctly. A gas supply line piping is generally corrosion-resistant. However, sometimes a gas leak may occur as a result of new construction near the piping line. In that case, the piping may get damaged, and it may require a gas leak repair in Queens, NY, by a professional plumbing technician.
How to detect a gas leak?
If there is a gas leak, you may notice some warning signs which may help you recognize the source of the leak. When there is a gas leak, the first sign would be a strong, pungent smell that emanates from the sulfur compound mixed in the gas. It usually smells like rotten eggs. You can try to locate where the odor is coming from, as it can be either inside the home or coming from an external gas supply line. If the leak is minor, it may be challenging to locate the source. In that case, it is best to call for a professional plumber for gas leak repair in Rockaway Boulevard, or South Ozone Park, Queens, NY, whichever is near you. They are well-trained and equipped with advanced equipment to detect any hidden gas leaks and repair them efficiently in no time.
What to do if there is a gas leak?
During a gas leak, even a small mistake can cost you significantly. Therefore, there are many precautions that you must take to ensure your own safety.
- If you suspect a gas leak, it is recommended to leave the premises immediately.
- But, if you are well-familiar with how to shut off the gas supply, it is best to close the valves manually.
- Make sure not to turn on any electric appliances or switches as the spark may ignite a flame.
- If you suspect a gas leak, do not smoke in the house.
- If you don’t know the leak’s source, it is still best to immediately shut off the main gas supply to be on the safe side.
- Make sure to leave the premises and call the professional plumbers for gas leak repair once you are at a safe distance from the house.
A gas leak is an unexpected situation, so make sure to learn about the gas shut-off points to deal with an emergency. In addition, it is highly recommended to get annual or semi-annual inspections, and gas leak repair in Rockaway Boulevard, Queens, NY, to ensure your gas line is well-maintained. Most plumbing repair companies offer immediate 24/7 assistance for gas leak repair. It would be wise to save the number of an experienced plumbing company such as 104 Plumbing Supply in your cell phone for emergencies.
If you have any plumbing-related queries or plumbing issues, get in touch with our team for expert assistance.